GSR / IGR Reports

 

 

General Service Representative (GSR) / Intergroup Representative Reports
General Service Representative (GSR) / Intergroup Representative Reports - 2024-05

GSR/IGR report for April 2024. Dougie W. is the GSR and IGR for Monday 9:00 am, “Just for Today” meeting.

District 7 Meeting met on May 13, 2024

I attended in person in Quartz Hill.

  • The District’s current balance is $4,309.72; see the link
  • Meeting Minutes
    • Registrar 13 meeting address changes and 16 group name changes have been submitted to Fellowship Connection. GSR updates still pending.
    • Bridge the Gap Postcards are ready.
    • SCVYPAA Has made a token bid for the 2025 AVYPAA convention. This will allow for an actual bid the following year.
    • Area Registrar report
      • Waiting for the Area 93 Registrar to make updates
  • Additional Information is available on the DCM Corner at the Area 93 District 7 website.

Intergroup Meeting did not meet in May (Memorial Day), 2024

Area 93 CCAA May meeting in Morro Bay. I attended in person this month

  • The Area 93 Election Meeting passed that Lancaster will host the Saturday and Sunday events in November.
  • Report Back was presented by Area 93 Delegate from the General Service Conference.

General Service Representative (GSR) / Intergroup Representative Reports - 2024-04

GSR/IGR report for April 2024. Dougie W. is the GSR and IGR for Monday 9:00 am, “Just for Today” meeting.

District 7 Meeting met on April 8, 2024

I attended in person in Quartz Hill.

  • The District’s current balance is $4,219; see the link
  • The Grapevine Chair is now vacant
  • Have a Drinking Problem page added to the website
  • Meeting Minutes
  • Tyler H. – SCVYPAA co-hosting with LACYPAA, Camp Rock, will be on 4/13, and Mustache Ball on 5/4. The business meeting passed a motion to incorporate as 501(c)(3) and to bid on conventions.
  • Stepping Stones, Leslie – Alcathon will be June 7-9, SCV Chili Cook-off 4/20. Having regular movie showings with alcohol-related content.
  • A brief discussion about the legality of using the terms “fundraisers,” “raffles,” and “50/50s”.
  • MOTION for a Sexual Behavior/Safety workshop. PASSED.
  • Bidding for a 2-day election assembly in November. Saturday will be Elections, and Sunday will be Assembly. PASSED
  • District Boundaries: The new proposed boundary lines were shared. Link
  • Area Registrar report
    • Waiting for the Area 93 Registrar to make updates
  • Additional Information is available on the DCM Corner at the Area 93 District 7 website.

Intergroup Meeting met on April 22, 2024

I attended in person in Canyon Country at 7 pm

Area 93 Pre-conference workshop on April 7 and ACM on April 21. I attended in person this month

  • The pre-conference met in Lancaster, and all items were discussed and presented to the Delegate for the April General Service Conference. He was presented with a lot of opinions on each subject. Expecting a report in May on the General Service Conference.
  • ACM Meeting
    • Agenda Items presented to be on the Agenda for the May CCAA
      • DCM gave reports on the activity of their districts
      • Presentation of the First and 4th Quarter Financials (Zenna B.)
      • 4 Area DCM sharing (Michael/Saulo), flyer on website
      • Update on Hispanic Forum (Elio M.)
      • Update on Hispanic Women (Charrise)
      • Inactive Districts (Danielle A.)
      • Email addresses on the Roster (Danielle A.)
      • Proposition regarding two treasurers rather than one ( Zenna B.)
      • PRAASA Impression’s
      • Bids on Future Area events (District 7) gave a bid for Elections in November.
    • May Assembly Agenda items to present to the May CCAA: some of the items above were voted to be presented at the CCAA:
      1. First and 4th Quarter Financials.
      2. Discussion on having our delegate move to change the GV and La Vina to online only (Danny G.)
      3. Money for Audio Visual to upgrade (Abel R.)
      4. Update on Hybrid Assemblies (Keith H.)
      5. Approval of Guidelines changes (Ramon C)
      6. PRAASA Report (Officers)
      7. Bids for Live Assemblies for November and Beyond.

General Service Representative (GSR) / Intergroup Representative Reports - 2024-03

GSR/IGR report for March 2024. Dougie W. is the GSR and IGR for Monday 9:00 am, “Just for Today” meeting.

District 7 Meeting met on March 11, 2024

I attended in person in Quartz Hill.

  • The District’s current balance is $4,284; see link
  • Boom Boom volunteered to be the Accessibility’s Chair
  • Grapevine (chair stepped down), now vacant
  • 4 GSR’s Information given to Danielle in-person, she attended the meeting
  • District Boundaries: shared new proposed boundary lines. Link
  • Area Registrar report
    • Registrar visited and reported on the Area. Described the geography of Area 93 and its groups (971 active, 30 virtual, 168 unknown).
    • Area Registrars are GSO’s “boots-on-the-ground.”
    • She is available to register all groups and GSRs. Groups MUST have a GSR and/or mailing contact to be active, or will be removed from the general service structure (even if they make contributions).
    • Discussion of the Data Integrity Project with GSO to clean up the database of groups and representatives.
    • Reminded us to always include all 9 digits of a group’s number, including all leading zeros.
  • Additional Information is available on the DCM Corner at the Area 93 District 7 website.

Intergroup Meeting met on March 25, 2024

I attended in person in Canyon Country 7pm

Area 93 did not meeting in person this month

The online activity is centered around the Pre-Conference April 7th, anyone may attend, but only GSR’s can vote.

General Service Representative (GSR) / Intergroup Representative Reports - 2024-02

GSR/IGR report for February 2024. Dougie W. is the GSR and IGR for Monday 9:00 am, “Just for Today” meeting.

District 7 Meeting met on February 12, 2024

I attended in person in Quartz Hill.

  • The District’s current balance is $4,015; see link
  • AV: 3/23 Old-timers Fundraiser event 11 am at AVC, $20 tickets
  • SCV: January was in red, and February has been in black so far. Currently house-keeping, painting office, trying to make it more welcoming.
  • YPAA Young People’s conference was last week and was well attended.
  • H&I AV: “Prison day” coming up with Sheila G. April 1, 2 & 3. 10:00 am – 1:00 pm.
  • SCV: 4 new GSR’s
  • DCM: At the last ACM, Jeff volunteered the AV to host the pre-conference workshops in April. It will be voted on at the Feb. 18th CCAA. Everyone can show up and attend discussions; only GSRs can vote. 4/7 8 am – 4 pm
  • District Boundaries: shared new proposed boundary lines. Link
  • The current Registrar, Keith H., needs to step down. Judy nominated Doug. Doug accepted.
  • Additional Information is available on the DCM Corner at the District 7 website.

Intergroup Meeting met on February 26, 2024

I attended in person in Canyon Country.

Area 93 CCAA meeting met on February 18, 2024

I attended in-person driving with Leslie M. to Solvang.

  • Website area93.org is operational and being updated.
  • Roll Call, District 7 had 11 persons able to vote.
  • The previous meeting minutes were voted on and accepted.
  • Reports from the Delegate, Registrar, Treasurer, Chairman, and Alt Delegate were presented. Reports are in the Area Newsletter on Area93.org
  • Committee Chairs for the Area gave their reports. Some Reports are in the Area Newsletter on Area93.org
  • Many contributions from A.A. groups do not include all the information to give credit to the proper groups. When making contributions, include Group Number, Group Name, meeting location, day, and time. District 7’s treasurer will work with the Area treasurer to sort out those contributions.
  • Keith H. reported on the position of Hybrid meetings and referenced A.A. Guidelines (internet) MG-18
  • Guidelines proposed changes were shown. They will be voted on at the CCAA meeting in April.

General Service Representative (GSR) / Intergroup Representative Reports - 2024-01

GSR/IGR report for January 2024. Dougie W. is the GSR and IGR for Monday 9:00 am, “Just for Today” meeting.

District 7 Meeting met on January 8, 2024

I attended in person in Quartz Hill.

  • The conversation around the “Basic Language Big Book” is not about the 5th Edition Big Book but a project underway to simplify language for those at a language disadvantage. An online meeting took place in early January. Here is the slide deck. This project is in development, and it is not yet known if it will be published.
  • A.A. Survey 2022 is available.
  • A New Website is available for District 7 information and online contributions.
  • Information is available on the DCM Corner at the District 7 website.

Intergroup Meeting met on January 22, 2024

I attended in person in Canyon Country.

  • Web Stats: last 90 days: 9,535 visitors, 20,207 page visits (humans and bots.)
  • Grapevine: The GV and La Viña apps are available, and the Podcast is available on YouTube.
  • The General Service Office announcement dated 11/17/2023 is transparent on the decline of contributions to GSO. Literature sales are down and with increased costs, meetings, events, and travel.
  • Deaf/hard of hearing resources.
  • The Gratitude Gazette for January is available
  • Financials are posted. Gratitude Month brought in less than previous years, but CO was grateful for all the contributions and a reminder to become a Faithful Fiver at aascv.org (bottom of page, use PayPal with debit/credit card) on the home page.

Area 93 ACM meeting met on January 21, 2024

I attended in person in Agua Dulce.

  • Website area93.org is not available for a week or so due to an expired SSL certificate (security feature).
  • The previous meeting minutes were tabled due to some DCM reports needing to be corrected. They will be voted on in the February meeting in Solvang. All GSRs are encouraged to attend in person or online.
  • DCM for the area gave their reports, which will be presented again at the CCAA (Central California Area Assembly).
  • Many contributions from A.A. groups do not include all the information to give credit to the proper groups. When making contributions, include Group Number, Group Name, meeting location, day, and time. District 7’s treasurer will work with the Area treasurer to sort out those contributions.
  • Keith H. reported on the position of Hybrid meetings and referenced A.A. Guidelines (internet) MG-18
  • Guidelines proposed changes were shown. It will be voted at the CCAA meeting in February.